loner guys/emotionally unavailable guys

I dated a guy who was 40 years old but now were broke up.Things were going good,seemed like we were meant for each other.He told me I wasa jealous person cause I snooped in his phone and confronted him about a couple girls he texted.Which I know I was wrong for doing.He claimed there friends.Which is ok.He seldom said I love you,he wasn't the flirty,touchy feely or cuddle type,he had a barely existint sex drive.But we were together 4 days out of the week.After 6 months of dating he started acting like a jerk and I broke it off with him.Figured he wanted out of it anyways,plus I wasn't happy the way things were going.I felt like he was stringing me along.As far as I know he didn't cheat on me.So after 3 months of being split up he's still alone,not seeing anyone.His son told me that he's a loner,relationships didn't work for him,nor did he want be married.So what's up with a man being emotionally unavailable or a loner?Help!

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he is just the type that doesn't want to nurture a relationship? There are men out there that think a relationship can work on it's own without a lot of work. That normally means that both parties are the same way.

It sounds like you need more nurturing that he could give. This can be a good thing. Find a man that can give you the kind of relationship that you need.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• There are a lot of guys who are emotionally unavailable. Society has said that men are supposed to be strong and they can't cry. There are many guys who still go by this every day. I also think that is depends on the type of childhood he had. If his parents didn't show him a lot of affection, he will not be able to show it to you. Remember, love is learned as much as it is natural. I'm sorry it didn't work, but you will find someone who is perfect for you. Good luck,

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My goodness, this sounds like my ex. Except you would also say "his mother pays his bills for him and does his laundry too.... and he spends tons of hours playing X Box or looking at internet porn" ... now that I think of it, your ex sounds like a freaking charmer in comparison! :) What's up with it? They act that way because they can, why bother putting any effort into any relationship when they don't really care. It's someone who is selfish and clueless and immature. And pathetic. Trust me, all men aren't that way. The good ones hide, but not in their mom's basements. :)
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 12:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010