What do you think of someone who posts bible verses 90% of the time on their Facebook status?

Lets just say she's not someone who exactly follows a Christian lifestyle.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What do I think?

Usually its one of two things...

1. They had things go on in their lives that they find that scripture fits so they share it.
    2. They are ignorant and think that spouting bible verses will somehow enlighten people to the wisdom of Christianity which means that person has little respect for the people on their friends list.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would wonder if she is reminding herself what she needs to practice. Some people need a visual reminder of how they think they are supposed to live.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• First of all it is not up to us to judge anybody.... that will be done by a much higher power. I myself enjoy reading bible verses. It reminds me of ones I have forgotten at times and brings light to new ones I may not have read.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It doesn't bother me...I like to post quotes on mine, and a few people have unfriended me because of it...but I figure it's my place to say what I want, and it's their business if they want to unfriend me for it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think iit's fine.It may offend some people who are not Christian.But I wouldn't let it bother me.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would just be scared off from even talking to her. I have a cousin's wife who I am friend's with post nothing but bible verses on her facebook page, for the qoute and why she is on there sections.
    At first it freaked me out because I thought maybe she was this rightous person and here I am trying to talk to her. But since this post I will now think of her as a phoney.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 7:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• eye rolling <<<The first thing that came to mind

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• butterflyblue: When you say she does not live the Christian lifestyle... what does that lifestyle supposed to look like to you?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i think the same thing i think (?) when i read anything on a FB status...not much. its their page, their life, their business. FB has this nifty little way of letting its users block parts/all of others' status/notifications. i do it all the time! mostly the silly games-notifications, but there are some friends who i just don't care to read their status, for whatever reason.
    but to the point, if i'm correct, and i may not be because i don't have the world's best memory, you are not xtian, right? if she is, or even claims to be, why does it bother you if she's not living 'the xtian lifestyle'?
    i've been known to say all sorts of things in my status...i have no idea who's blocked me and who hasn't. i don't really care. however, as a xtian, if i display unxtian-like behavior, i expect to be called out for it by other xtians..one's who ARE living the life, not just posting it on their status. my non-xtian friends don't care.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I dont mind it at all. Sometimes, that person will post it, just thinking it sounds nice, and I can see it and it might be what I need to hear that day. God speaks through all forms.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010