When do you put up your Christmas tree (if you do)?

My son is almost 3.5 and has been asking us since Feb. if we can put our tree up. He found it yesterday in our storage building and really wants to put it up and decorate. He saw the leaves on the ground and said Christmas is here because the leaves fell off. When we walked outside and the temperature had dropped he said Christmas is here because its cold. We usually put it up after Thanksgiving.
We have dicussed putting it up early, but what is too early? When will you do it?

cassey.e

Asked by cassey.e at 7:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• I put mine up on Thursday night. I love it!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We put ours up Thanksgiving weekend. It's my favorite time of the year. If I could put it up earlier, I would. But I think the kids would be sick of it, and I don't want to spend more than a month chasing my 21 mos old away from the decorations. LOL
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We put ours up the second weekend in December.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 7:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Some years I put one up and some years I don't. I am busy/lazy. If I put one up, I do it on turkey day.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Usually while most people are shopping on Black Friday. Its not worth fighting the crowd for me.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• First week of December, because we get a live tree :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• This year it will really depend on DF's training schedule. We are aiming for the first week of December
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Wow first week of Dec with a live tree! I do the live tree the week end before Christmas. We now have an artificial one and not sure when I will put it up!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 6:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• First weekend in December.
    MarianneTv

Answer by MarianneTv at 10:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2010