planting the seed

i am a new jack in this even though i know that all seeds are different when is the best time to start planting your fruits and vegtables and where would you start them at

gianna530

Asked by gianna530 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• do it in the spring time after the last freeze
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 8:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It's going to depend on what hardiness zone you live in. For example, I live in zone 5, so I start my seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before the last frost date. I do this because our growing season is relatively short for most fruits & veggies (tomatoes, watermelons, cantaloupe, squashes, cucumbers, etc.), so I need to get a head start on the growing season or I'd never have a harvest. By starting my seeds early indoors, I'm more likely to have plants growing at their peak times for fruiting during the best weather for them. You can find your own zone here: http://www.growit.com/ZONES/
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010