would you let your child be humiliated on tv like gabbys child on desp housewives

seems so mean to put your obese child on tv and have her ridiculed for the sake of a paycheck and an acting part. does anyone else feel so bad for her .

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 7:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• Hey when is that on? I love that show, but haven't seen it in a while.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't see her as being ridiculed, there are children like that everywhere, a lot of them outgrow it.

Answer by older at 7:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• really , last week they dressed her as a dog and compared her with the other little girl the whole show , i cannot beleive any mum would think that was okay for their little girl to go through .
    maymummy

Comment by maymummy (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i think it's about teaching lessons, like having acceptance of other's no matter their size. i think if she were my daughter i would get her help for her weight before i put her on tv
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't think she's being humiliated. They aren't making fun of her size or anything. Just trying to highlight the differences between her and Gaby. On another note...Gaby is way too vain to allow one, let alone two, kids be overweight. She'd never let them develop those eating habits in the first place.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 12:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I see what you are saying but NO. The girl is an actress getting paid & happens to be over weight & fits the part.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no
    mary40407

Answer by mary40407 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010