how do i get over my husband?

My husband wenton a long vacation in December for a month, when he came back something in my heart told me it wasnt right with him anymore so i let him go in february, Now here is the problem something happen between me and him a huge fight we saidthings and now i cant seem to stop thinking about him.Now i want him back and he is saying i hurt him alot he wont come back, should i justleave him alone or keep trying.

He days he stills loves me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• thats tough but if he still loves you then nothing you said could have hurt him enough to make him stay away! He may just be waiting you out to see if you are really gonna make it last this time.
    gingerfargas

Answer by gingerfargas at 2:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• If you can try to work things out, maybe he just needs time. But once you have been with someone, especially married & have kids with I don't think you can ever get over them, you can only let them go and allow them to live their own life. But its hard to say how to do that, you just have to find a way! And you should sit down and really think everything through before you decide what you want to do. If you have a little bit of doubt, wait, you don't want to work things out just to decide again that it isn't what you want, it isn't fair to either one of you. Good luck.
    Babs310

Answer by Babs310 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Have a talk with him and tell him you're so sorry for letting the fight get so out of hand and saying such mean things in anger. Ask him if there's any hope of getting his forgiveness first, then ask if there's anyway in time if he'll give your relationship another chance. If he's unsure, tell him you'll wait for his answer, to take his time if he needs it. If he says no way, let him get on with his life and leave him alone. If he says yes, tell him to let you know when he's ready because you're wanting to give it another chance.
    Make sure you've learned from this because he won't be so forgiving next time. It's always best to walk away from a fight, think long and hard about what's really important, then come back and discuss it calmly & compromise. If that had been done this time, you wouldn't be asking him for forgiveness! Good luck!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 3:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My SO and I had a fight and he wasn't going to come back. I told him that anything is fixable if two ppl want to work at fixing it. He came back. We're working on fixing things a bit at a time but communication is key. I'd make a date with him. Start over and win him back. Go back to the way it was when you first met and didn't take everything for granted. Go slow and find the heart of the relationship again and build from that. The older foundation evidently started to crumble so build this stronger relationship on a more solid foundation of mutual respect and blend it with the love you already have. Embrace the opportunities and learn from the mistakes. Life is good!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Oh, hang in there! Keep trying. Forget your pride, all of it. Make him gifts. Offer to rub his feet, make him lunch, anything. Submit to his wishes if he flat out says leave me alone, but still wait (don't find a new man or you'll never get back together, keep being faithful to him). But if he doesn't say "leave me alone" then send cards, make him cookies, dinner, etc. Do nice things. Did you humiliate him in this incident? Then make a vow right now to never critisize, humiliate, or doubt him EVER again. Honor him, respect him completely. Maybe do something big (ad in the paper that you love him?) that is a bit humiliating to yourself, to relieve his angst, and to prove that you will never behave in that bad way again. When he comes back, appreciate him, and always remember how close you got to losing him, and how much it hurts right now, so you won't be tempted to say anything like that again, ever. The very best of luck to you!
    Shelley522

Answer by Shelley522 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• honey men dont just take a month vacation alone.theres some thing!!! makin him stay away he wants you to feel gulit so he does'nt have to he stringing you along, so that when he gets tired of playing or the thing dumps him he will be ready to forgive you. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2008