What is your issue?

What is the issue that you are most passionate about - the thing that makes or breaks your opinion of a candidate? Abortion? Gay rights? Gun control? Taxes? Something else? Or do you have more than one? I'm just curious about your opinions and would like some discussion besides "my candidate can beat up your candidate".

crazydogchick

Asked by crazydogchick at 9:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• all of the above
    Anonymous

• Abortion!
    Anonymous

• Abortion rights, immigration, healthcare, and education. Everything is important in its own little way to me, but those are the ones that really stand out.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Immigration, education, keeping constitutional rights, +many more.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Nowadays, the media IS our public discourse, it IS the way we know facts in this huge country. Before Reagan, there was a law requiring a TV or radio station to give equal time to all sides of a political issue. Sounds fair, right? That's why it was dubbed the Fairness Doctrine. Problem was, stations have to support themselves to stay in business and they couldn't afford to give free air time to opponents whenever someone presented a political opinion. So they didn't give anyone air time at all. When Reagan suspended this law, we saw the rise of all these political shows - left and right. We may dislike the opposition, but we CAN hear different viewpoints. Obama AND Nancy Pelosi AND Harry Reid all want this law enforced again. Good bye free speech. ... THAT's scary.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 9:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I'm a tax preparer, so what do you suppose? LOL TAXES!!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Abortion, gun control, health coverage, education
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• why is abortion so important.
    your president has virtually no ability to make it illegal
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Military Experience(do NOT cut funding), TAXES(fair tax), the 2nd Amendment, less government, Abortion, I could go on and on. I am passionate about all these issues and more.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 10:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Taxes, health-care, and abortion (pro-choice) are my top 3.

Yes, abortion is important for a candidate. Regan appointed justices that were pro-life and they were 1 vote away from overturning Roe v. Wade while he was in office. That's a little too close for comfort. Bush Sr. and Regan both turned a blind eye to the pro-life violence against abortion clinics and staff.  I could go on, but we are only allowed so many words.

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2008