What is a good birth control for busy mom and or what birthcontrol would you recommend?

khall9895

Asked by khall9895 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• I loved Seasonale before I got pregnant but my hormones went awry after my daughter was born so I have to Natural Family Plan.
    I tried Nuva ring and loved it but it killed my sex drive.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I've always had hormonal problems with birth control, but I would give Mirena a try. You don't have to worry about it for a whole 5 years and it doesn't mess with your hormones too badly at all. I got rid of mine because it was almost impossible to lose weight while on it, and I wanted to get rid of any stresses on my body due to panic attack disorder and increasing heart palpitations. We now do natural family planning also. Good luck finding the best thing for you!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Mirena
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I did well with condoms combined with NFP
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Id say anything leave it and go! I hear the mirena is a really good one, but then again its kinda painful for inplantation. I did the implanon (in the arm) and it was great! I would not recommend the depo shot if you have ever had issues with any endometirosis or anything... :) good luck
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have mirena. I have had it in for almost 4 years now, and I love it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have tried the nuva ring and I didn't like it, currently I have the Mirena, I love it, my first choice was the non homonal IUD but my doc wouldn't do it, I plan on getting a new mirena the same day I get my current one out. I can't remember to take a pill to save my life and natural family planning would work for us, my hubby can look at me and get me pregnant I swear lol. Good Luck Talk you your doc, they can tell you the best option and the pros and cons of each.
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You are not that busy , or else you wouldnt need birth control lol
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 7:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I use an IUD love it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have heard nothing but bad things about mirena. I wouldn't do it if I were you. My SIL just went to get it taken out (same complaints, couldn't lose weight) and was told by the nurse that they have had a bunch of people ending up pregnant while on it.....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 8:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010