Ugg, I'm out all these clothes!

I thought I'd be smart last year and buy the next size up on clearance. WRONG! She's 3.5 and completely missed the 4T...went right to 5T. Thankfully I have a neighbor that has a DD 1 year younger than mine.

did yours skip sizes?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter went from 5T to 7's....SEVEN'S. She's 3 1/2. She's tall and big....she looks like a frickin' 5 year old and she COMPLETELY skipped over the 6-6x's....and, yes...I bought a bunch of stuff on clearance last year thinking I'd be ahead of the game come this winter...instead of having 10-15 outfits...she has 3 pairs of pants and 6-7 shirts. That's it. *HAIRPULL*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• my dd didn't really skip them.. she was just in them sooner than she should've been lol.. she's 14 months and in 2t-3t clothes! she was in 12 month clothes when she was 6 months!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My oldest hasnt...she is 7, my baby is only 4 months and I really hope she doesnt I picked up some great summer clothes for her in 12 month size...so far its looking good.
    endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 7:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No, my son actually is a very slow grower, he wears the same clothes for each season an average of 2-3 years!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That's why I don't buy an entire season of clothes ahead of time. I get why - I have 4 kids and need to save where I can - but even to save money I can't and won't do that, for the reason you're going through.
    Anonymous

• I always bought ahead and never had a problem. Maybe you could swap out clothes with someone.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Wow, that is a bummer. My son hasn't really skipped sizes but I have a hard time finding things with a small enough waist for him because he is so skinny.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I've always been scared to do that, and yes, my daughter has skipped sizes, and my son has not yet, but he's still small for his age.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• thankfully my daughter hasn't
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My daughter only wore 4T for a brief period thats why i no longer buy ahead. The truth is you never know when your child is going to get a growth spurt or a stunt either or how many times they will have one in a year.. I wou8ld suggest no matter how tempting dont buy to much stuff in a size she doesnt wear yet.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010