how can i help my baby sleep throw the night

my 10 month old is not sleeping throw the night anymore i feed her right before bed and she still gets up help

momanddadyoung

Asked by momanddadyoung at 7:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry. Most kids aren't sleeping through the night until sometime in their 2nd year

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Im sorry, but I have to disagree with butterfly. all of the children I know sleep through the night by age one. Have you tried "white noise" in your daughters room? maybe like a fan?
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sleep is a developmental stage reached in each child's own time. Comparing children leads to nothing but heartache. Enjoy the time you have because all night sleep will come soon. Hang in there you are doing great!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• here is what worked with mine: bathe the baby, then swaddle snuggly, and feed a bottle while rocking. If older..feed baby something filling that will last through the night, then bathe, wrap in warm blanket and cuddle while reading or singing. Establishing a bedtime routine is very important to getting a baby to sleep. Also make sure nap times are not too long. My two year old still naps a couple hours every day in the late afternoon...and still sleeps through the night.
    Fuzzynvpeach

Answer by Fuzzynvpeach at 8:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• she used to sleep throw the night and fell asleep on her own but for the past few weeks she is getting up at all hours for hours and she has a fan space heater every now and then it kicks on i have a cd that plays no luck
    momanddadyoung

Comment by momanddadyoung (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• thank you guys if you think of anything i am all ears
    momanddadyoung

Comment by momanddadyoung (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• maybe just a growth spurt or something! maybe she will switch back! sorry good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It's normal for a child to wake up yet, mine all did, and one never slept through the night til almost 3 years old. I do have to say though - your use of the word "throw" is bothering me - "throw" is what you do to a ball. You want your baby to sleep THROUGH the night.
    Anonymous

• well at this age they should be able to go all night without a bottle, you need to teach them to sooth theirself to sleep. ive been giving a drink of milk{then teeth brushing} before bed, if my daughter wakes during the night she may fuss for a few minutes but will settle right back down adn go to sleep. they will wake up during the night, and will cry a bit but its not a "hey im hurt "cry just a "hey i knwo if i do this youll come runnign in here "cry. you need to teach him/her to put theirself back to sleep
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I've read on this a lot; there are different methods you can try. One is crying it out, though not many parents are a fan of this one. Some babies may need to cry themselves to sleep and not be used to the idea that waking during the night means mom or dad will always rush up to get them. I tried this only a couple times, just couldn't do it. I hear that establishing a nightly bed time routine works, which is what I do. I always give a bath, feed, read a book then put to sleep. Of course if your baby is teething or just not feeling well in general that can keep him/her up.
    cj93082

Answer by cj93082 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010