can't make it to the bathroom in time..?!?! adult content

Right after I had my second daughter, I had some minor bladder control problems. They went away, but have now come back 18 months later. Its at the point where I will soak through my underwear if I don't go to the bathroom the second I feel the urge. I don't want to waste my time seeing my doctor if all he's going to say is "do some kegel exercises".

Has anyone else dealt with this?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 7:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• Yeah lots of us have been dealing with this. I have gone to the dr. They will tell you to start with Kegals so do those. HOwever I found them to be useless. They also have drugs and surgery. So go thee to a urologist. Not the gyn. Go to the expert in this field.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• They have vaginal weights that I want to get after I give birth to strengthen myself back up down there after giving birth. I think I first learned about them when I was really young watching Oprah specifically for women with weak bladders after having children. I'm sure your s/o would appreciate it too ;-)
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 8:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I agree that a urologist is the way to go (I haven't heard about vaginal weights for incontinence, but I might be worth a shot). Metals might make some difference, but I think it's worth a call. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That is really extreme - if it were me I'd be at the doctor!
    Anonymous

• I've been dealing with it for about 18 years - no laughing, coughing, sneezing for me! I tried the drugs, they did not work. The surgery is still an option, but I have never made time for it. I currently wear a liner from Poise every day - it's thin and at least it protects me from accidents. You should go to the Urologist ASAP. My Dr. thought that the prescription would have worked better had I not waited so long to see him. Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Not sure. I guess kegels.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• the most annoying thing is that it never happens when I just cough or sneeze, which is supposed to be the most common form of incontinence for younger women [30 and under]. And nothing I've read online about types of lack of bladder control truly describes what I go through. And what's the most embarrassing is that now its starting to happen at night when I sleep...
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010