What Brand or type of Vaccum Cleaner is the best to buy?

It seems that everytime I buy a new vacuum cleaner it loses its pick-up and suctioning power very quickly.

free1

Asked by free1 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Dyson
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I LOVE my Dyson!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Dyson, hands down! We were going through a vacuum a year until I bought our Dyson. We have had it for over 5 years and it still has the same strong suction it had when it was new.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• kirby is much better than dyson, but it costs even more. so if cost is a factor you could go with the dyson, but if you have the extra money you could go with a kirby (and btw the motor has a 30 year warranty, so you know you're in it for the long haul lol). dyson costs $300-500 and kirby over a thousand. but i will add i traded in my dyson for a kirby ;)

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my mother in law has had her Kirby for 35 yrs and it still works like she just bought it
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 8:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Dyson, but I would get a Kirby is I could afford it, as is the Dyson was pretty expensive for me BUT SO WORTH IT! lol I can only imagine how the Kirby would be...
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have an Oreck and love it! I have had for 6 years and it works like it did from day 1. We paid $200 for it.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Dyson. I used to work for Kirby. I would never sink that much money into a vacuum. I got my Dyson on clearance at target & paid under $300 for it. Best vacuum I ever owned. The only other brand I would every buy would be a Kenmore. I had a Kenmore canister vac for over 15 yrs that worked really well. But by far my Dyson has been the best overall.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I just bought a Bissell so far I like it. If I could of afforded a Dyson I would have bought that other then that my Windtunnel lasted me for 8 years. Hubby says I'm hard on vacs. I just think he doesn't know the difference since his ex never cleaned house.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have 3 Kirby's. Love them! They are expensive, but check your resale shops. The last one I bought for upstairs I got at a resale shop for $120. That included attachments & the shampooer. Never loses suction. I get it near a hair ball & it sucks it right up. I'll never use another brand.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010