Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


my soon to be ex husband and i live in pa and im over five months pregnant now...i didnt find out until after we seperated and hes now with some crazy girl who threatens me. i called the cops on them once already. he changes his mind constantly between giving up his rights and getting visitation. if something doesnt go his way, he says just keep the baby...i dont want it. he has 2 felonies on his record from this year and he just got put on probabtion. he lives at home....i live at home too but i have a stable job and no records of any kind. apparently his gf is legally insane also and i really dont want my baby around her...what with her threatening and harassing me and all. what is standard visitation for a father?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (10)
  • It all depends, but if yo are worried about your child being around this woman, I would take this to court and make sure that your child never spends the night there with her.

    Answer by feesharose at 9:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • can i do that? i mean, she tells my friend and i that shes got skitzophrenia and somethin else and shes said that she bangs her head on the fridge til it bleeds and throws things at people...and she hates me so much that im afraid shell hurt my baby because its mine and his and not his and hers. his family is also crazy...they take pics of me in public and call my husband to come down to a store when they see me. i trust him, but def not around his family or his gf. he hasnt been there at doctors appts or anything...he barely even knows how far i am.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • The biggest thing that I can tell you is keep a running log of what they do and say to you with dates, times, etc. No note is too insignificant. Judges DO look at this!!!

    Answer by Babylove76 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • its all through AIM mostly and some email. i printed those out...and then i have the one police report stating harassment and she threatened me. the police called my husband and told him they need to leave me alone.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • Have you gone to court yet at all for the divorce? At the first hearing I would tell the judge that based on the harrassment and the felonies, you want a restraining order barring them from you and your unborn for your protection. Also, get a 4 yr restraining order on BOTH of them NOW!!

    Answer by Babylove76 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • i asked the police if i could and they said no. they said i could get a protective order against my husband but nothing against her. i couldnt believe it...i just started crying. i waited 3 months for him to file and he never did so that was yet another thing i had to handle on my own. i sent him the papers last week and he still hasnt signed the first set so the 90 days havent even started yet.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • You CAN go to court and request a restraining order on ANYONE!!! The police obviously (not surprisingly) do not know what they are talking about. When I went through my first divorce, my not-yet-ex got a restraining order against my boyfriend to stay away from our daughter. PM me if you want more help with this. I currently have 5 restraining orders on that guy I do know how to go about it and how to get it without paying for it.

    Answer by Babylove76 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • Call 411 or your local precinct they will tell you what you can do

    Answer by Albi1623 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • I say go ahead and get a protective order. Then when the custody case goes to court you also have the protective order on your side showing that they are a threat to you. It might help your case alot should you chose to attempt to get sole custody or supervised visitation.

    Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

  • And to answer your question about standard visitation for a father: It probably varies by state but where I live it's one evening a week and every other weekend. Also where I live the babies can't have overnight visits with their fathers until like 8 months old. That's the standard visitation of course it can be different if there's a custody agreement through the courts.

    Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.