Does anyone else have 2 children that fight over you?

I have two daughters (2 and 4 yrs old) that fight over sitting by me all the time! I love them both so much and love there time but do not like the fighting over me!

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• This may not be what you want to hear. But enjoy that while it lasts. Give them a few years and they will have their friends, sports, etc. I miss those days.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have 4 kids and only 3 of them are able to fight over me. It happens because we are the coolest people in their lives. Even cooler than dad, on most days. As annoying as it is, enjoy it because there will come a time when none of them wan to sit by you. As far as now, take turns, or sit in a place that will allow both of them to sit by you. I have a permanent place on the floor at our house.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old and they constantly have to be on me, most of the time I don't care but everyone once in a while it drives me crazy and I feel like I am suffocating.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Just make sure you are always equal with them.. I know thats like SO obvious, duh.. but really you haveto make sure you tell them that you love them equally.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• let them fight now when they are older they won't want to be near mom,and you have 2 sides so ask them to pick left or right
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Enjoy it now because one day they won't want to be near you and you'll miss this
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010