As you budget your money are you still able to buy those extra things you like?

I've been going to Bazaar's lately. They aren't doing well as they have in years pass. Seems a lot of home based businesses are suffering. Is it because we're only sticking with buying basic stuff?

Asked by Prayerpartner at 8:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I try to save a little bit from each paycheck until I have enough to buy whatever it is that I want.If when I go to buy the item,if it is gone then I tell myself it wasn't ment to be mine.For me this method works well.

Answer by Tikismom at 9:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• we don't really budget. We pay all our bills on time, put money in savings/retirement, then do whatever we want with the rest.

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My sales at bazaars haven't suffered. I sell Jordan Essentials & crafts that I made.

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, that is why. People are buying neccessities and not luxuries.

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am lucky to be able to make a little extra money here and there and I do splurge a little with it. That's the only way to keep my sanity!

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We do buy some luxuries still... internet being a big one. But it's not what we spent two years ago. Eating out is maybe once or twice a year. Shrugs. Just a few more months though and then we'll be debt free =)

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I budget in blow money ($50 a month) to spend on whatever I want. If I want to blow it all on fast food, so be it! It's my $50 to spend however I please. :)

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Every great once in awhile we can splurge, but for the most part, we don't. Too many important things to spend money on.

Answer by musicpisces at 5:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I do spend a little extra once in a while, but I buy the handmade items I purchase at etsy, not at a bazaar. It seems because sales have gone down their prices have gone up (around here) and I can get things a lot less expensive online.

Answer by scout_mom at 5:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I budget some extra money, but not much. We get $10 a week each, just to blow. If I want fancy drinks from the local coffee place (I LOVE my chai) or something like that. But we are not really buying "things" right now, I figure with Christmas coming up everyone should get enough "things" to last a while.

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010