suicide

so ive been a wreck since my hubby left me with no explanation, i feel completely helpless and now all ive been considering is suicide as i have no one here for me and my family has disowned me. Are these normal thoughts? what should i do about this? Im just in so much pain and want it all to go away...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• if youre feeling this way go to the nearest emergency room and they'll take care of you, dont mind about the money that will all come together later
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am sure it is very normal to hurt and feel helpless after being left like that and if you feel your family has disowned you. We all need closure. Call a suicide line or call a local hospital. They are very supportive. You may find some very supportive friends at a church. Go in and speak to the pastor. Just google suicide and you will find a few places.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 8:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I agree with pookipoo. My DH lost a friend to suicide 5 weeks ago, and needless to say, this is a hurt DH and everyone that loved him will have to live with forever! Please follow pooki's advice or call a suicide hotline. If you want to PM me, please do! I care!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• do you have children? i agree with the others on here you should go to the hospitaland ask for help. i lost my mom to suicide in feb of 2009. it is hard for everyone. there is help out there and more peoplecare than you think. i am here if you need to talk.
    my2boys0610

Answer by my2boys0610 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I know you may think there is no one out there, but if no matter who you are there are at least a handful of people that would be devistated by losing you. What you are going through is normal in the sense that there are resources for you. God only gives you what you can handle, and "this too shal pass". Please get to a hospital. If you can't afford it, most hospitals will put you on a sliding fee scale. If you refuse to get to a hospital, call the suicide hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Please hon, call a suicide hotline, or go to the emergency room. At the very least call a friend or family member to be with you. It is normal to feel lonely and lost, but it is not good to start thinking of taking your own life. You have people who care about you.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• thank you everyone i did call the suicide hotline, im just so lost and so devastated and just wanting answers. obviously i want my husband home more than anything but i dont think that is going to happen :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry you feel so lost and alone, but please, please don't think of suicide as the answer. I am guessing you have child(ren) whom you love and they love you? Please seek counseling to help you deal with the stress you are under right now and keep the Suicide Hot Line posted for immediate help.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• There is a mathematical logic to suicidal thoughts - especially those borne of stressful and traumatic circumstances. It goes like this: Life is struggle. Therefore, no life equals no struggle. Those thoughts are absolutely normal when it feels like your life has fallen apart. There is a flip side to that logic, though. Life is also joy. You won't have the chance to experience this if you are not alive. There is so much good ahead of you. If you had a lottery ticket in your pocket, you'd wait to make such a decision until you found out if you had won, right? Every day is an opportunity for things to get better. You just never know. It's worth hanging around to see what's in store for you, and what an amazing life you can build out of the rubble. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Sending love.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 9:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. Since you are on Cafemom, I assume you have children? Think of them and how they would handle such a thing. I think right now the pain is so new and raw that you can't think of anything else, and that is normal. But what would you leave behind if you left this world? I like Airamana's answer - think of the things you will miss. The people whose lives you have yet to touch. You DO have so much to give - you just need the opportunity to live your life and experience that. I know your heart is breaking - please don't do anything to add more broken hearts to your family. Keep that number handy and call whenever you feel those feelings coming back. Stay strong mama!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2010