Do you know of a homebase business you'd buy from no matter what the economy?

I'm not looking to start a business from home. I just want to know where are we willing to put our money into regardless of the economy. I have friends that have worked from home and found that business has been dropping this past year. How is those around you doing?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 8:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• www.stayinhomeandlovinit.com/Mommieshome
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 8:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I can only speak from experience...the businesses I have are thriving...purses and jewelry.
    The ones I have friends in that are doing well are candles.

I would not risk food based, health based, or insurance based companies....people like to brag, and they buy what they can brag about...true fact.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 8:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We are in one that we'll continue to buy from. There are a couple around me that I'll purchase from - one is something that a lady started from scratch - I've never seen anything like what she makes - she just started it and is doing fantabulously! Another is one of those "chain" ones, but she's doing very well with it, and I'll purchase from her anytime - she just happens to be a friend, lol.
    Anonymous

• I do, I work from home. Our home based business is recession proof! Our Company has been growing the past 25 years, and is only getting better now. I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 20 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I buy from people that make natural products. I need these products and trust their integrity, so I continue to buy them in place of other things we used to buy.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I sell Jordan Essentials bath & body products. Everyone needs & uses skincare products. These are the best that I have ever used. My business is thriving. There aren't a lot of reps either so the field is wide open. It is a USA company. All the products are made in the USA too! Not many companies can say that! Through the end of the week, there is a signup bonus. You get an additional $55 in mineral makeup with your kit.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, Mine..I see and believe everyone needs to protect themselves, we will be in this economy for another 4 years at least.
    If you look statistically the businesses that are hurting are the ones with stuff, this time of year they do ok with the holidays but consistently NO.

THere is no repeat market, truly...When a person Runs out of something or close (whenever that may be) is when a repeat customer may come.

TO date I have never made UNDER 1,000.00 MINIMUM a month with my business PT b/c the country needs protectionr..and Financial reports ALL OVER right now are showing that we are experiencing critical Mass and explosion and that we will grow more in the next 3-5 years than WE EVER HAVE in the last 38 years total!

We have been told we are in the BEST place and have the BEST service/product out there.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would honestly have to say that being in the direct sales business w/ Gold Canyon Candles, people are still buying because our product is so amazing! I have talked to others in our team and the economy has not effected them either! We are in the top 30 for sales in the Gold Canyon Business! its awesome!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Tiffany, wouldn't you say that people buy candles because they are something that makes them "feel good" and they don't "cost a fortune?"

Women will drop money like hotcakes on purses, shoes, candles, and jewelry---simply because it's a "little sumpin sumpin" that isn't really going to break the bank, it makes them feel good, it makes them happy, and things like this rank high on the "show off" scale.
    If a woman on public aid mind you, will drop 600 bucks on a designer purse, I guarantee you the big bad economy for us in direct sales is not going to hurt us. And women do this all the time.
    I had a friend tell me "but OMG there's a 12% unemployment rate".....I told her that was GREAT? She looked at me as if I had grown a 3rd eye, and I said "there's still 88% of people out there that have jobs that want my product! That's a pretty good market"
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 10:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Buy a business, never. Start one of my own from scratch, been there, done that.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010