Do you think we should make gifts or continue supporting our stores?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 8:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Shopping

• I see nothing wrong with making gifts
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• credit cardI'm going to continue to buy. I absolutely LOVE shopping and nothing will stop me!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am going to buy because those stores do employ people that need to get paid and I like to shop also.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am going to buy, but I try to make the gift as personal as possible!
    Fancylovexoxo

Answer by Fancylovexoxo at 8:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am not gonna buy stuff that I dont need or just buy so that an employee wont get fired. But of course I do like to go shopping.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If I was creative enough I would make gifts.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am trying to support local companies and small businesses. I prefer natural products for myself and my family now, and I am thinking about making it show through in my purchases this season (for the first time). So while I will still be buying gifts, they will have the advantage of being healthy for the local economy.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think it depends (sorry i hate when people answer that way ;) )...but if the person you're gifting to likes sentimental things, obviously it's better to try to make something meaningful. If it's for someone who would rather have something store bought, then that's more appropriate. Some things you can't make for yourself. And even if you do make things for yourself, you still need to buy supplies, so you're still supporting a store! :)
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think home baked goods make the best gifts!..They're personal, from the heart, you can't return or re-gift and in many cases taste ooh so good!! :)
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 6:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010