Can people with dark hair use dry shampoo without it making it look like they haven't washed their hair for months?

I have dark hair and bought some Treseme dy shampoo the other day. But it makes my hair look really gross, much worse than the little bit greasy look it had before. Is it just a no no for dark hair or is there a better brand out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• All dry shampoos are mostly the same, kinda like applying baby powder to your hair. The idea is you leave it on for a few minutes and then you brush it out- it's supposed to simply absorb the oil. I, however, never liked the feel of it in my hair.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i dont understand that. are they trying to make our culture even lazier? I know sometimes as moms we dont get a chance to take a shower, and can look a little grimy, but come on. Just wash the hair. Not trying to offend, just trying to understand this product
    1htmma4624

Answer by 1htmma4624 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm not trying to use it instead of taking a shower. I wash my hair every day. I have really greasy hair, it's hereditary. Are you saying that I'm lazy if I don't wash my hair 2 or 3 times a day? How does something that I really have no control over make me lazy?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Rebecca at girlsgonechild.net uses a dry shampoo that she loves and she has dark brown hair.....her blog is pretty much AWESOME so you should go there anyways but once youre there try to find what brand she uses...i would assume its in the 'gone style' section?? or maybe thers a way to search but she has talked about it more than once...good luck!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Just so I know which one you're talking about, you do mean the spray one and not the foam, right? I noticed the other day that they have a foam one now, too. I have really oily hair and it absorbs a lot of the oil really well for me. I would recommend asking your stylist about it, also. I heard a girl in a salon not too long ago raving about a dry shampoo kind of thing that she had used, but I can't remember the brand. I just remember that it was a salon product. And for the record, you are NOT lazy for having oily hair. That was a ridiculous and childish thing for someone to say. It's funny how people can jump to the conclusion that someone is lazy for wanting to use a product like this, but no one assumes that someone is lazy if they use powder or blotting sheets for their face to absorb oil, instead of washing their face and re-applying makeup throughout the day. And it's also not healthy to wash daily, for most people.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would just like to add that dry shampoo is great for camping when there is no water to wash your hair.....just wanted to clear that up for those who want to jump the gun and call people lazy
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I use Rockaholic dry shampoo and I love it. I have jet black hair and if my band is on the road and lets be honest there are no showers readily available I'll use it. My singer and I love it!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010