How do you cope with excessive heartburn & nausea durning pregnancy?

I am 16 weeks and I have had nausea and heartburn every single day and night for the past 10 weeks!!!

Asked by Fancylovexoxo at 8:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For nausea my doctor gave me Zofran. and i popped tums like they were candy.

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I drank a big glass of 2% right before bed. It's the only thing that helped me!

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• keeping something little like cracker in your tummy at all times might help.

Answer by TZimm at 9:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• When Tums quit working, i start on Pepcid AC. Doc told me i could use it and i DO! That stuff worked miracles for me!

Answer by MommaTurbo at 9:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had heartburn the entire time with my third. I didn't take anything for it because I would be taking something all of the time and I didn't want to do that. Hopefully, it will clear up for you soon!

Answer by khedy at 11:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• milk and i kept something in my stomach

Answer by symle456 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I remember sucking on peppermint and cinnamon candy a lot with my third child. It helped though.

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I literally ate Tums all the time and took Zantax 15o every morning. I still had heartburn no matter what I ate but at least it helped a bit!

Answer by at 1:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had heart burn BAD w my two kids and my 2nd i was nausous ALLLLLLL the time. Whole pregnancy! I took finegrin but it made me to sleepy at work so they put me on Zofran. It helped alittle. And they told me to take zantac for heartburn. (didnt work for me. still doesnt)

Answer by HaRlEiGhSmOmMa at 2:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I didn't have either really. Just had my first bout of heartburn last week and I'm 34 weeks.

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 5:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010