how often do you buy shoes for your toddler?

I have a 20month dd and i have just purchased 4pairs of shoes about a 1/2 size larger then she is so she can grow into them. just wondering how fast does the feet grow? i have big feet so i am probably out of the norm here and i have a feeling my daughter will be the same way so just curious. and how many shoes do they have already?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 17 month old has 5 pairs of shoes. One pair is a 5 1/2 wide, two pair are 6's, and one is a 6 1/2. I plan on getting her another pair of boots for christmas. All of her shoes fit different and go with different outfits. I would like to get her more, but I don't see the point since her feet grow so fast!!!

What size does your 20 month old wear? Just curious to see because I always thought my DD had big feet!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i bought size 7 so she is probably i would safely say 6 -6 1/2 because different shoes are different on her.
    i bought i pair size 6 because they are her red shoes and she was obessed with the ones she already had so i saw them again and i had to buy them for her. and she got black shoes and boots and pair of sneakers.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My son's dr said the rule of thumb is every 3 months expect to buy new shoes. We usually buy new ones every 3 months or so. My 4 year old wears a size 12.5 in shoes.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Wow. I bought 1 pair at a time as they outgrew them - whether it was 2 months or 12 months later. I never bought 4 pairs at a time for 1 child!
    Anonymous

• well, i needed all of those because she really didn't have any because she out grew them and i do try to send her to daycare with something besides sneakers. i couldn't stand her having only one pair that would be crazy for me...i couldn't ever imagine that.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It seems like it's been about every 6 months, but I really haven't kept track. We hardly put any shoes on him at all while he was a baby, because I wanted him to learn to walk barefoot first. I think we bought new shoes last spring (just a little big), and he may need the next size up soon. If their feet growth is anything like their gains in weight and height, it may be regular or come in spurts for different kids. If they seem like they are starting to get a little snug, then we look for a new pair. In the winter, he usually has nice pair of tennis shoes (with good support for everyday wear) and dress shoes (usually just a bargain priced pair since he would only wear them once in a while) if an occasion calls for it or we have portraits planned. Same thing in the spring/summer, except I also get one or two inexpensive sandals too. I want to have a few choices, but not too much since they outgrow them so quickly.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My son has 3 pair.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010