Um

Can two people with blonde hair and blue eyes have a baby that has dark black hair? .... what are the chances?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pretty good. It's genetics...it's all in the parents/familys DNA. I have dark brown hair and my husband has blondish/light brown hair...our son has BRIGHT red hair.
    forever2215

Answer by forever2215 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Absolutely -- hair color, eye color, etc. are as a result of complex genetic interactions. The dark black hair could have come from a grand- or great-grandparent, or even further down the line.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yeah genes can be crazy. ive seen it happen before
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It can happen, or the opposite. I have friends who both have dark hair, and their son's hair is blonder than blond. But his face is exactly like his dad, so there's definitely no question who his dad is.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my husband and I both have dk brown hair and hazel eyes and our baby girl has blond hair and blue eyes lol :) i keep saying she is the milk mans baby lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I've always been a blue eyed blonde. DH was very blonde when he was young. We were both born with black hair, and all 4 of our kids were born with blonde hair. It's pretty normal for a baby to be born with dark hair - it usually falls out fairly soon. Regardless of parents hair color it's not uncommon for a baby to be born with dark hair.
    Anonymous

• Yeah it can happen. Also the hair the kid comes out with is not necessary the color it will be in a month or a year.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• genitics really if there are 2 receive gene between the two of you it is quite possible.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• YES! My hair is black and my baby daddy is hispanic with very dark colored skin and black eyes and hair and my baby is very fair, with light blue eyes and brown hair. You never know!
    sheena.bo.beana

Answer by sheena.bo.beana at 4:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010