At what age did you bring your child to their first Movie at the Theater??

My girlfriend and I are thinking about taking our Daughters to see a movie at the theater. Being that they are so young ( 3 1/2 & 4) we were going to try a Noon showing. What age did you bring your kids....Also, How did they do? Thanks! :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We took our son to the movies for his second birthday. He go bored pretty early and we ended up leaving. We had planed for that though, and went to a budget movie theater where all of our tickets were only $4.00. We took my nephew when he was about two and he sat for the whole thing. I guess it just depends on the kid really.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well we are big movie people around here. We really couldn't afford to go when my girls were young, but we've going since James was about 18 months old, he's 3 now. They all do great! If they get antsy be prepared to leave. There was one time James was irritated with the movie and we spent a good portion of it climbing up and down the stairs. But that was the only time we ever had an issue!
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 8:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 4 months. Then every so often after. At three he sat through and enjoyed Star Wars, Lake Placid, Different kids movies and got bored and mad the Blair Witch didn't actually have a witch in it. LOL He loved movies. Although, he wasn't normal, he would sit and watch Forest Gump and Titanic..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well a few months LOL but tht doesnt count. He was just over 2. We went and saw toy story 3 He did so good!! Didnt even moved just yelled OH NO a few times.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my babygirl was about 3 months old lol so little she did great slept on the whole movie and since then we been taking her she loves the big screen and lights on the screen .. she 7 months now..lol well i do admit the movies are for me and my husband to see lol but eaven thou she dosnt understand it yet she loves it
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 3 years.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 3 :)
    LoveIsBeingAMom

Answer by LoveIsBeingAMom at 9:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I first took my son at 6 months. I'm a single mother and if I want to see a movie we have to got together. He was great. 4 is a great age. If they can sit and watch a movie at home they can go to the movie theater.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We've gone to a kids movie Thansgiving Day afternoon every year - all of my kids saw a movie in a theater by the time they were 3. A couple of them were really young and fell asleep during the movie ;).
    Anonymous

• we took our son to one when he was 5 months, it was Toy Story 3 and I REALLY wanted to see it, so we just took our son with, he slept through the whole thing I am sure people thought we were crazy but we didn't have a sitter and decided that if he cried we would just leave. Honestly if I were you I would just try to take them, I mean worse case scenario you have to leave if they misbehave.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010