Why has my 15 mo. old daughter not ate at all?

Which one do you think it is? My daughter has only 3 pancakes in the last 2 days and a few cookies! Her top tooth is coming in! The doctors said it could be her tooth thas so sore or she could just be going through a phase being independant..I have tried feeding her every i mean cold and warm stuff, sweets, fruit, vegetables! She keeps throwing stuff or playing with it! I started to gt worried about her cause she is a little chunkster and has never refused food, she loved food! All she wants is her milk or juice! But the couple times she has ate, is when she basically told me she was hungry...and thats when she ate the pancakes! The doctor told me as long as shes getting fluids for me to not feed her for her to let me know cause she will let me know and she might be getting a reaction out of me thinking its funny! So either shes going through this phase being independant or its her top tooth coming in! which one do you think?

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 8:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's not going to starve herself, so don't worry about that. I haven't had my first child yet, but have been around little ones that have gone through phases of not eating. If she starts acting lethargic and not eating, that's cause for some alarm, but if she's still being her normal bouncy self while not eating much, she should be fine.
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 8:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i agree, kids wont starve themselves. i have a 3 year old boy that hardly ever eats, the only thing he seems to live on is chocolate milk and friut snacks. but when hes hungry he tells me and will eat a lot. if you get too worried, try giving her pediasure, i love that stuff.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think it could be teething or it could be a phase they go through where they start getting really finicky about food...even foods they've eaten several times before. I would try to give her baby foods so she is getting healthy fruits and vegetables. The texture is soft and shouldn't hurt her teeth if that's the problem. You could try infant/children's ibuprofen and after an hour, try to feed her. If it's her tooth, she may be able to eat a lot better with some of the pain gone. At that age I don't think she's doing it for a joke or to get a rise out of you. If it continues, I'd go back to the doctor!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Kids just go through phases...she may not be eating much now, but she'll eat like a horse in a few days once that tooth has broken through and it's not hurting any more. Like PPs said, kids will not starve themselves!
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Does she only want to drink things? My son will go through a few days (anywhere from 3-6 days) of not really wanting to eat when he's teething. Is she pawing at her mouth at all or drooling a lot? Regardless of the reason, as long as she still has energy and your doctor isn't worried, try not to worry. If she'll drink stuff, you could try to mix yogurt and pureed fruit into her milk to make a little smoothie. Good luck!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010