To those who have had a tubal using clamps...

Have you had any pain associated with the clamp itself? Twenty one months ago I had my tubal done, but I only have one ovary (that they could locate) and two fallopian tubes. My one tube was atrophied, but to be sure that future pregnancies would be prevented, they clamped the atrophied fallopian tube. Ever since then, I've had a cramping pinching sensation on that side of my abdomen. I was wondering if I was the only one who had experienced this and if it's normal, or if it's something that I should address with my doctor.

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 8:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• I would definitely mention it up to your doctor, but my sister had cramping and every other month, her period was incredibly heavy. Her doctor insisted it had nothing to do with the tubal, but being the self-physician she is (haha), she insisted that was the cause. She did have relief from taking Motrin though. Good Luck to you.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• See, it's not a monthly thing. For instance, I've been off my period now for a week and a half, and it's just aching and pinching... I can't get comfortable. It's like I'm being stabbed from the inside :o(
    prinzesstephi

Comment by prinzesstephi (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That does not sound normal. Maybe they accidentally clamped something else in there too. I had mine cut and cauterized, not clamped, but I looked into all sorts. Call your doc.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Call your Doc thats what they are there for! ;)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010