Do you ever feel like someone is competing with you, in their mind?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 9:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, my sister. Part of the reason I don't talk to her any more. I got SOOOO tired of it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yesssss and it drives me nuts. whatever you say they have to be better and you can sense it when they don't like it if u do something they can't outdo.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 9:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I know someone like that. She has to compare her family in every way to mine. Her husband is the same way. Someone gets a new car, they have to get a better one and then brag about it ( keeping up with the jones' kind of stuff), not to mention they seem to have to know (or think they know everything about everything) and will argue about it if you try to correct them or talk about something that they know little about. It is irritating but anymore I just take it with a grain of salt.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 9:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My oldest daughter has been competing with me for years. I had a baby, 3 years later she had a baby. Then she married this guy, they had a brand new home built, had 2 cars, a big screen TV, computers, pool in the back yard, you name it! So I came into some money, and I bought a computer-they had to run out and buy a new one. I bought all new furniture for my new house, and they had to run out and get new furniture, and when a dear friend bought me a big screen tv, you guessed it! They had to go get one! The only thing was, mine was all paid for! LOL They just filed bankruptcy!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i don't think so but i may not pay attention to it either... i think it's better to just live your life the best you can your way and in the end you'll be so much happier.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think it's just funny. I take it as a compliment. I know a few, but you know, they can't even come close to me :)
    it just makes them look pathetic! Lol
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010