If you could..

how many nights a week would your kids spend the night at their grandparents, or whoever watches them for you, so that you and SO/DF/DH can "do your own thing"?
Honestly, once my kid is over 3, maybe an overnight twice a MONTH. I love having my baby at home with me.

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 9:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• But I know many different moms and some are okay with their kid only being home 4 nights out of the week, some that go for weekends in Vegas every few months.. what would be ok for you?
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have left my DD overnight once since she was born ... she's 17 months. Not because I think it's wrong, but because I can never bring myself to leave her and really really enjoy myself. So, if I could get over it ... maybe once a month.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Mommy+Daddy time is very important. But when you have kids back to back its very scarce to get that time when no relatives of trustworthy people are near. Twice a month sounds really nice. Congrats, I love having all mine with me too
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Same here! Im a SAHM, so she is with me all day. And I LOVE putting her to bed at night, adn knowing she is right there in her room when I wake up.
    My DD is 17 months old also, and I have NEVER left her overnight.
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Once a week sounds good to me. Being a single mom, it's nice to have the break.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well my daughter is 17 so I just send her to the movies with her friends and oh honey take moms credit card...She is outta here
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If my kids wanted to go stay the night one night every weekend at my mom's or sister's, I'd be ok with that...But they like staying over, especially at my sister's. My niece (15) fawns over DD (21m) because she LOVES little ones, and my DS (3.5) loves going over to play with my nephew (8). The last time DS stayed over at my sisters, he cried when he came home! Lol! He wanted to stay with her another night. But the once a week thing is not what we do (my sister and mom have lives and things to do)...DH and I go out once...maybe twice a month, and the kids stay home and my mom just comes over to watch them while we're out.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Man, if I had family that were willing to take them, could handle them and actually lived near us they could have them any time they wanted.

As it is, we have none of that.  I get a break from them like once every few years (like 1 weekend every 2-3 years).  Now that we live on the other side of the country from all our family I won't ever have a break from them.  Me and hubby won't be able to go anywhere alone until the youngest is in kindy (in 5 years).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well, my son use to go to my mothers-in-law house about 1 or 2 a month.. but August 15 of this year I had our baby girl, and they have not been away from us at all since then. I love them being here as well, but at the same time,especially right now, I am looking forward to a night out with DH, just to be totally romantic you know..
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• when kids where small we never went out unless it was family day ,my mil only watch my kids twice in31yrs of marriage ,
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010