Bananas

Wow my son is going BANANAS

hes already today eaten like 5 of them i had to put them up where he cant reach an try to offer him different fruit LOL

In Your Opion (not facts)how many is too many bananas?????

mayg88

Asked by mayg88 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• As long as they aren't constipating him (or doing the opposite), and he doesn't have a problem with potassium, I don't think there's too many. I've eaten that many in a day myself - I was needing the potassium though!
    Anonymous

• Kids go through phases when they prefer eating one type of food over another. Bananas can cause constipation, so I wouldn't give your little one too many in one day. My daughter likes bananas too. I think the most she's eaten in one day is t.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• oops meant to type TWO.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It's really hard to say until i hear an ago. But the best way to control the probkem is to cut the bananas up into smaller peices and give him little by little that way he will tire of them faster or get fuller faster; perhaps making a sandwich mixed in with other fruits too
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• he is weird he wont eat fruits if they are mixed in a bowl together (fruit salad) or with anything else .....
    mayg88

Comment by mayg88 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 5 bananas are certainly better than a bag of chips. As long as they don't cause him constipation, what could be the harm?
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My daughter does that too. I can't keep them in the house so I usually only buy 3 or 4 at a time.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• That is great your monkey loves banana's :)
    I would limit it to know more then 5
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My son is a little monkey too, but if he eats more than one he gets constipated. How old is he? Mine is 2, so it is usually out of sight out of mind with him -
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• For me, the limit is 2, because after that, the belly aches start.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010