Would you do this in your own community?

Residents of Missouri Community Block Protesters From Picketing Soldier's Funeral

Members of a small Missouri town banded together Saturday to block a controversial pastor and members of his Westboro Baptist Church from protesting the funeral of a fallen U.S. soldier, Fox4kc.com reports.

Hundreds of residents in Weston, Mo. -- as well as people as far away as California and Australia -- rallied in support of Sgt. First Class C.J. Sadell, who died from injuries suffered during a surprise attack in Afghanistan.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 9:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yes i would
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 9:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• absolutely! I agree with the other answer...i would be proud to stand between them and a funeral of a fallen solider. thank you to the many service men and women for all you do and for your sacrifices...you will all stay in my prayers!
    waleb1002

Answer by waleb1002 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yes, I would.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• In total support of those who intervened to circumvent the Westboro travesty.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 9:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• in a heart beat.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I believe everyone has their right to oppose something, but not at a funeral. A dear friend recently lost her son in battle and I cannot fathom the extra pain it would have caused her to see people picketing for the freedom her son fought so dearly for. It makes my heart ache even more when I imagine people just wanting to put their loved one at rest. :(

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Can I make a donation!!
    These people need to continue this - they're good!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yes, and we'd bring both cars and get all the family and all their cars there.....Hell, I'd park my kids wagon in a spot and stand are in arm in others...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2010