Why are record setting AAs turning out to vote this election?

That is the big thing on the news after early elections ended. So, I was just wondering why is this election so much more important to African Americans than any other election?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• This election is more important to EVERYONE! More young people are voting, too...also in record numbers. It's an important election, so more of everyone will be voting.
    Anonymous

• I think it cause most people either dont want to stand in those long lines come Tuesday morning or they are scared they will forget. My family are supporters of McCain and we all voted early.
    Anonymous

• That is wonderful if it turns out to be true. I was pleased when Obama - kind of an African American (well, I know he is not, but he kind of LOOKS like it, and the media talked him up that way) - was a candidate. You have to admit it is really cool that he and two women have been in this presidential race. ... By the way, I LOVE Alan Keyes. I so WISH he could get a nomination. I would vote for him above anyone else - I just feel this year the race will be very close. After listening to what Obama is saying, I feel it is important for McCain to win.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The answer is right in front of you. Call me racist if you want, they are voting because he is "black" PERIOD.
    Anonymous

• umm this is a big thing if you were African American you would understand
    Anonymous

• The answer is right in front of you. Call me racist if you want, they are voting because he is "black" PERIOD

get a life
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:17---at least I have an opinion. Unlike you who had the comeback of a 3rd grader.
    Anonymous

go to bonn777 profile and explain that to me
    Anonymous

• anon 10:21 thank you
    Anonymous

• my child is African American I did not know I should be calling him AAs thank you for telling me that
    Anonymous