breastfeeding and pregnant...

anyone been breastfeeding and pregnant? what is your story about the whole thing...minute you felt/thought you were pregnant until you found out you were.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I breastfed while pregnant. By the time My second child was born, my First child was done. but I breastfed him up until I was 6 1/2 months pregnant. Religion wise if I can, I'm supposed to breastfeed until they are 2 years old. I'm pregnant again with my third....but my second finished back in march...so isn't a problem this time!
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 10:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I was nursing my first when I found out I was pg with my 2nd. I had to wean b/c I lost a lot of weight. MOST women can continue to nurse with no problem. I just struggled to keep up with the calories required for both. I was also nursing my 4th when I got pg with my 5th. I continued to nurse until she was over a yr old. I don't think my feelings were any different while I was bfing than the times I found out I was pg while I wasn't bfing lol I also think to type out ALL my feelings for each one would take up WAY too much space ;)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I wrote the question and mostly I wonder about how did you find out you were pregnant while breastfeeding. I don't get my period so I was curious how you found out and how you knew you were pregnant?
    Anonymous

• well I got my period back when my first was 15 months. I had it for 2 months before it went missing. So I took a test because I was late and found out that way. I got my period back with my second ON his first birthday. So by the time I was ready to ovulate again...they were both a year old or older. It depends on how old you baby is. By the time I was pregnant with my third (which I am now) my second had already started to wean himself...and when I went to the doctor to confirm with them...he was already done...so 3 weeks after I took a home pregnancy test...he had quit.
    Continued......
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 1:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I didn't care as long as I was still getting enough for myself, my baby and my breastfeeding child I was fine. My first started to wean himself at about 19 months...and was totally done by the time I he was 23 months and I was 6 1/2 months pregnant.
    Take a test if you think you are....or if you already are...just start to wean you baby before you are 71/2-8months since when you breastfeed it causes contactions in your uterus....you don't want to start labor from the uterus contracting.
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 1:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2008