For those who have babies close together.

My son is 3 months old. We are thinking of having 2 children total. We would like to keep them close together but I am scared of not being able to take care of my son while preg. (I had a horrible pregnancy) how close are your children and any tips/advise/thoughts/anything on this subject. If we have another I really want them to be close in age but my son is still so little, he's my little baby but if I think that way I will look back when he is 15 still saying he is my little baby! :)

Nienna7477

Asked by Nienna7477 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well when I introduced solids I got preggo. So my kids were nursed too. So I have two more 16 months later and 17 months later. They are really close and talk to each other and advise each other. It is freaking awesome. But it is amazing how much I expected of them when they were little, they had to set the table and clean off the table. I just couldn't keep up. So it is tough but well worth it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have three kids. There are almost exaclty two years between each. It was a little rough when they were little. Now I wouldn't have it any other way though. They still fight of course. But they are close. That's what I like. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had mine 15 months apart...which would mean we got pregnant with our second one when our first was about 4 months....I didn't have what you would call difficult pregnancies, though. It was difficult and tiring, but I'm still here! I wonder sometimes if it would have been better to wait until my first was about a year to try for another. That way, they would still be close, and if you have a hard time with your pregnancies, you will have more quality time to enjoy with just your first child before you have another. I still wouldn't change anything for the world. I love my babies more than anything on Earth.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I love the idea of the kids being close in age so they "have each other backs" while growing up while still having the family feuds! :) but not sure on the whole being preg so soon after having my son. I'm torn on this one :(
    Nienna7477

Comment by Nienna7477 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have 3 kids. my oldest was 28 months old when my middle was born, and my youngest came 11 months after that. It was tough cause I had them c-section (not my decission) so my uterus didn't have time to heal. It put me into premature labor at 5 months along and I spent the next few months on bedrest he was born early cause of complications. It is awesome to see all of them interact. My oldest acts like my middle son is his child he is over protective. The two younger ones are funny cause they are already fighting. When one sleeps the other is smacking, pulling hair, sitting on the face of the other, They take turns waking each other up. But when it comes to opening drawers and cabinets they work together. It is never a dull moment around here but well worth it.
    csnydermom

Answer by csnydermom at 10:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my kids are all 3 years apart, but my cousin has three kids that are all less then a year apart each (if that makes sence) she loved it, all her kids are super happy and really close to eachother. you will find a way.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My oldest 2 are 13 months apart. My second and third are 2 1/2 years apart. I wouldn't change anything, however I would recommend planning them 2-3 years apart.
    mammanoel

Answer by mammanoel at 11:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my first 2 are 1yr and 10 mths apart and my middle and last child are 1 yr and 9mths apart. my kids are 4 next month 2 and 3 months and they get along and etc.when i had my 2nd child my 1st was almost 2...then when i had my third my middle child was 3 mths from turning 2
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 11:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Mine are 3 years apart and I wouldn't have it any other way. The older one was able to do a lot of things for himself while I was pregnant and right after baby came (plus, only one in diapers at a time!). They're 20 mo and almost 5 now and the best of friends... and the age gap only ever closes as they get older.

Also, my older son started pre-k this year, so I'm able to focus on my younger son and give him one-on-one time while his brother is in school, and this is really the perfect age for it.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My 9 and 10 year old are 18 months apart, and my 4 month old and 2 year old are 20 months apart. I really like that spacing for two, but if there was a 3rd that close to either of them I feel like there would be one left out all the time (ie odd man out, even more likely if there is 2 of one gender and one of the opposite gender)

Answer by missanc at 8:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010