Does it matter if pot is leagal to you?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope, never smoked the stuff. But I am not opposed to it being legal either.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• id rather it not be. while i can see some positives of it being legal, the negatives out weight the positives to me and I smoked pot for almost 10 years and it really just did nothing good for me. it made me hungry/fat, tired, lazy, miserable, stupid and everyone i know who smokes is the same way so.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• because we don't need any more legal drugs to alter a person's judgement. use it for medical purposes? ok, then do it within clinical confines. but 'legal' like alcohol? you know, just like the abuse of alcohol, people are not going to toke it up in their backyard, and stay there until their pee/blood tests negative.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yes it matters to me. A lot actually.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yes. I believe it's fine for medical use but law enforcement is not prepared to properly control it with the public therefore the safety risks outweight the benefits, in my opinion. If it comes up again in another bill in the future when they are more prepared I may reconsider.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I live In Norther California...if you ever have watched documentaries about Humboldt County....that's an hour drive from me, maybe an hour and a half. Basically the place has 1/3 of it's economy supported by weed growers. Seriously. So I live a bit south of them and there are A LOT of potheads here, and I mean a lot...and I can tell you that even though California as legalized MJ for medical purposes, the majority, well the vast majority, do not want it legalized completely.

Maybe one day, but for now, even the younger people, are against it. I am also against it being completely legalized. So are all of my friends.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• LEGAL....for medical use.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Not really.... I don't care if it is legal, as long as instances like this one are prevented, "8 Students Sickened by Drug-Laced Chocolate Bar"

"Eight students were hospitalized Thursday after they were sickened by a chocolate bar, apparently laced with marijuana, at a South Los Angeles junior high school."

If pot were legal, I have concerns that scenario's such as this one would increase...  Otherwise, if a state wants to legalize it and tax it~ good on them...  ...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am fine with it being ILLEGAL, I am also fine with cigarettes and alcohol being ILLEGAL.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2010