Would this be a big deal to you?

Ok, put yourself in this position..
There is a woman who you consider to be your friend. You and your so have been to her house. Your so gets along with her husband really well. You have known her for around a year but you just recently starting talking to her more and hanging out with her. Everything is going good, you are not the best of friends, you don't talk everyday or anything but you do like to hang out. She has said that your so was good-looking but it was simply a compliment. However, she recently made a comment about sending him to her house if he got a tattoo that she finds very attractive. Then a few days later she made a comment about a picture on your phone of him being so hott. You make it clear that you are upset, but don't say anything about it. Then she texts you asking "if you still hate her". As if it is a joke.
Ok.. how would you react? What do you say? How do you feel?

gottalovemyboys

Asked by gottalovemyboys at 10:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I would not be hanging out with her, I would also talk to my husband about the comments and how they made me feel. Sounds like she has some issues and would start an inappropriate situation, well she already has.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 10:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Once you feel that you have made it clear to her that the comments she made were inappropriate whether she was joking or not.You would like for them to stop and if she can't understand that then stop talking to her like you said you've known her for a year but you aren't that close.

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 10:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If she made a joke about the way I was feeling, especially about something like this, I probably just wouldn't talk to her until she decided to get serious and apologize.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yes it would bug me
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Why didn't you tell her about how you felt? Girl that is your husband tell her you dont like her comments. It's not to late to let her know.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Let her know that she crossed the line, plain and simple. Explain that you expect her to treat you and your family with respect--as you do hers--and if she is unable to discontinue her flirtatious comments about your husband--who you do know is a hottie, thank you very much--then you don't want to be her friend any more.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• what GoodyBrook said ^^^^
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't know, I think if I got tired of hearing her go on and on about my man, I would bring it to everyone's attention! Like when all four people were standing around talking pop out with does everybody know that **she** has a big ol crush on my man? Ha ha! Oh yea, what was it you said to me? Oh yea, he's so hot! You want me to send him over here when he gets that tattoo? What were you going to do with him? Honey I keep him worn out, he's not looking, and besides you're married to this great guy here! What are you thinking? Then I'd just sit back and watch the show! LOL
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It SOUNDS like she didn't mean anything by it...and is thinking it's not a big deal...therefore not taking it seriously.
    I have thought to tell a friend that her husband is hot...but then I didn't because of the potential for what you are feeling. You never know if someone can joke like that until you know!
    I would say something, just asking why she needs to say those things to you? Is she kidding? Maybe, comment on HER man!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry, but I have no patience for this kind of behavior. She's desperate for attention in any way, from him, from you, from anyone. I wouldn't feel threatened by her, but you also don't need to be friends with her. Clearly she is unhappy in her life and she feels the need to flirt with your boyfriend in order to feel better. You also don't know how many other men she is doing this kind of icky flirty crap with, so I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. If you want to turn the other cheek, just be nice to her, don't let it bother you, and move on. Seriously, she sounds kinda sad, I feel sorry for her.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 12:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2010