Any tips on working with WAVY toddler hair?

Her hair is about shoulder length-- I have only ever trimmed it and there are still parts that have not grown out since birth so it looks like it was layered. It is very curly when wet but if we let it air dry it is curly at the roots and straight at the tips and back. If I blow dry it it just has big crooked waves. I have straight hair, so I just don't really know the best way to take care of her hair.

christinab313

Asked by christinab313 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it sounds like her hair is going to be curly but still has a lot of her straight baby hair on the ends. just slowly keep trimming it off until its all the same.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• And comb it back while its wet to help it stay out of her eyes, DD has similar hair but dang its so cute!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You could try a anti-frizz serum (like Garnier Fructise or Frizz-Ease) and rub in your hands and through her hair and scrunch it all over. Then dry naturally or lightly blow dry. It makes it really soft and I think you might like it. It's relatively cheap so it won't set you back much either.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• your daughters hair sounds like my daughters... we just wash it, comb it out and let it dry on its own... its half curly/half straight... i also put it up in pony tails, buns or braid it...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 6:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010