Does anyone do any volunteer work?

I have just started volunteering for my local hospital by running one of their boutique shops. The hospital has a program that helps people who would not otherwise be able to pay their bills. They have helped me in the past, so I think volunteering is a great way to help me to give back. Do you volunteer anywhere in your community?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 10:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The Children's Museum. 90% the people who work there are volunteers and it's a GREAT place for kids, especially in the winter months when it's too dang cold to do anything outdoors.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yes i do
    mylife04

Answer by mylife04 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm a Friend of the Garden Volunteer at the local library. They have a xeriscape outdoors and we volunteers help take care of it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I've been looking for places to volunteer. I want to help children who have been abused or neglected. There is a program in Baltimore where I live that I'm trying to get invovled in. I also have been trying to find places that help young teen moms, I found one place bu they haven't gotten back to me,
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yes I have at a hospital, the library, election campaign, nursing home.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am not currently. I do make quilts for charity. I love that your giving back.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I wish you the best of luck in finding something. :) I think it's great to volunteer. If more people found time to volunteer, the world would be a much better place. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010