HAS LOVE OR LACK OF FROM YOUR PARENTS

played a part in your Relationships.

canta1980

Asked by canta1980 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I like to believe that the power of love that I felt from my parents has a great influence on how I am able to love so completely today. Also, the love of Jesus gives me the power to love openly and without hesitation.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Oh, yeah! Big time! It's extremely difficult for me to show/initiate affection toward my spouse, unfortunately, 'cause of the negative environment I grew up in.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• For awhile I was just waiting on my husband to do something, dishonest or disrespectful. But I just finally realised that my father only loves himself, and those who can love others treat them with love and respect.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• ditto zboys....I am in therapy now, so it's getting better!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Absolutely.  The close bond I had with my father laid the foundation for my happy marriage.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no it hasnt i recieved no love i was abandoned gave up for adoption and my heart is filled with love i think that helped me because i wouldnt want anyone to feel the way i felt. i thank god i have an wonderful husband and children and they love the way i love
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Definitely. My parents were amazing parents to me, they have a great relationship (46 years) and they were part of the reason I held out for so long to find the right husband. First marriage for both of us in our mid-30's because we knew we shouldn't settle. Our parents didn't so we didn't.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 12:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• YOU BET! I have major trust issues
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes a great deal so.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010