Ok, so you've had a baby.. What is the one thing that happened to you

that no one prepared you for?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The amount of love I felt for him.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sleepless nights, colic, and a crying baby (all the time). Thank God I survived those days!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• colic
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i think the one thing i didnt really understand is how tired i was going to be and that they really need you every second.. like, people told me "they need you every second" - but i thought they were just refering to the fact that they need me to do everything for them, i didnt really understand that it would be years before i ever took a shower by myself or ate a meal without having to stop 25 times.. and things like that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no one told me how much i'd claw out the eyes of my dh or anyone else who dared not be 100% positive about MY child or how i was handling motherhood.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Not sleeping through the night for going on 16 months!!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think I was really lucky to of been a babysitter and nanny, plus having a huge family and being one of the oldest cousins because I can't think of anything. I had already dabbled in a bit of it all so I had a good heads up and I am so thankful for that.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Just how tired you can really be before you lose your mind. Or how difficult breastfeeding can be in the beginning. But I'm glad I stuck it out through both.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• GER (or colic) problems--and that goes with sleep deprivation going on much longer than I expected. That breastfeeding doesn't come easily to some, and it's a learning process for both you AND the baby. We had some latching difficulty (and even when he would latch he just fell asleep no matter how much I tried to bug him to stay awake), and I believe that may have led to supply problems and stress in the beginning. I kept it up for a few months, but gave up after that. Very heartbreaking when I planned to bf for at least a year.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010