How do I let go?

I have been seeing someone for a little over 2 months and I have fallen head over heels in love with him. We spend almost every night together, and are exclusive but he doesn't want a title because in January he is moving.... I fall harder and harder every day... He is younger than I am and has no real responsibilty he has no children and has the desire to move. He tells me how much he wants to be with me and how much he misses me when we're apart. He is the sweetest guy in the world. I haven't told him I love him because its been such a short period of time..... I can't convince myself to let go, we would have a little over two more months together and I don't want to lose it but if I don't let go, My heart will break into so many pieces when he leaves that I'm afraid I'll never get it put back together again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If there's no possible future together, start backing off now so you won't be a total wreck when he moves...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think it might be a good time to start slowly seperating yourselves.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 11:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have a few questions for you. 1) Is this a permanent move on his part? 2) Is he just moving to move, or does he "have a plan" - a job, etc at the new place? (showing stability, maturity, and responsibility, not just wonderlust) 3) How far away is it (could you still meet / date on long weekends, etc - to see how the relationship goes)? 4) Even if it's too far away for #3, how willing are you both to having a long distance relationship to see if this relationship is going somewhere? 5) If you are willing to do #4, would you be willing to relocate yourself to live where he is if the relationship works out?

Whether you should end it now, end it when he leaves, or not end it at all is really going to depend on your answers to the above questions, I think. Good luck in your choice!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It's never easy dealing with a broken heart but long distnace relationships don't usually work out too well, you being so far apart will put quite an emotional toll on you because you will constantly be wondering who he could be with when you are not talking to him.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 11:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Not to sound too callous, but there are other great guys out there. If he needs to go and do whatever, and you can't just pick up and go, then he's not that committed to you, in my opinion. (Different situation if he is moving for work, military, etc.) If he is really committed to you, he'll figure out a way to make the distance disappear, but I don't get that feeling from you. Good luck.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 12:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010