Best President! Worst President!

In FICTION only (Movies, TV, Novels)?

Best: President Thomas J. Whitmore (Bill Pullman, Independence Day). His speech to the pilots still gives me chills (I'd post it if there wasn't a character limit, LOL)!

Runner Up: President Mackenzie Allen (Geena Davis, Commander In Chief). A woman. A wife. A mother. President? Hell yeah!

Honorable Mention: President James Marshall (Harrison Ford, Air Force One). A president that can kick some ass (and he was sexy too, LOL)? I can go for that!

Worst: President Charles Logan (Gregory Itzin, 24). Whiny butt who constantly screwed up missions for Jack Bauer because he had to throw little boy temper tantrums. Can't stand him.

There is no runner up and no honorable mention for worst, LOL).

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• BEST: President Andrew Shepherd - played by Michael Douglas-- in "The American President"
    WORST: Richard Nixon - played by Anthony Hopkins-in "Nixon"
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I seriously loved Bill Pullman in Independence Day!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I thought that Bill Pullman was a great president in Independence Day. I really thought the speech he said was really awesome. Too bad he's not our president.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I liked Harrison Ford...and My Fellow Americans...to name a few..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh, yeah, Bill Pullman has never been better than in Independence Day. Great movie all the way around. Can't think of a "worst" president. Blair Underwood as President Martinez on The Event is doing a pretty good job, too.

Worst: Gene Hackman as Monroe Cole in Welcome to Mooseport.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 12:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Me too! I need to watch it again, but I'm on a 24 kick right now (season 5, LOL).
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• [the President briefs the pilots before the final attack] President Thomas Whitmore: Good morning. [PA doesn't work. Turns it on] President Thomas Whitmore: Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight!
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Really, that's the kind of speech we should be hearing in real life. But I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, so I'll stop now, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010