Have you or anyone you know participate in a paid research studies

I was thinking of being about of some clinical studies just to make some extra money. I found a website that lists all the different drug research studies going on, what they are for and what you have to do it looked interesting

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 11:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• nah but i would think hard before doing something like that I mean what if you end up with permanent fucked up side effects........
    Anonymous

• oh yeah some of the things they are wanting to research for are crazy and they are even looking for kids to do their research on...
    but there is a clinical trial study going on that involves a nasal spray and social anxiety, well since I have that disorder I was toying with the idea of helping out with the research, after all it does pay well
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I did one for body lotion. And they have those paid studies in the mall..... not for medical research, but I've done them a few times.
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 11:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• oh yeah I have done the ones at the mall where they give you $20 on the spot to try some samples...I always have time to sample some juice for 20 bucks lol
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My son did one involving sleep study, paid $600.00 and all went very well! But do plenty of research first!!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My ex did a few for a place called Quintiles. The first two were ok. He was there for a few days. Took some kind of medication, had his blood taken a lot. Watched some movies. Played some video games. Third time, he was given some drug & had to lay flat on his back in bed for two days. He couldnt read or even watch tv. It was very boring. He didnt want to do anymore after that.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I was in some headache studies in college. They weren't brand new drugs that had never been tested on people before, but using them for headaches was new. One of them gave me really bad side effects, shaking and losing weight (and I only weighed about 105 lbs to begin with) It was scary, but I was allowed to quit anytime.
    When I was a kid I got free sealants on my teeth by being part of a study, They were trying different bonding agents, so each sealant would be attatched with a different kind of glue and they wanted to see how long they would hold for.
    My older son was in an autism research study twice, around 10 months and 18 months, they just played with him and observed his development. He isn't autistic, but was in the control group. My other two were in a lot of kinesiology studies as babies. They would attach reflectors to their legs and watch their movements. Not all medical research is risky. And sometimes it's fun.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would suggest doing some research about what you think you want to do. Personally, I would not risk trying any medication or anything which may alternate my physiology especially my thinker. I did participate in a study or survey for Gestational Diabetes and got paid. It was simple, I came, sat down, verified who I was (of course, we scheduled a meet beforehand), she explained about the research and benefits, gave me an envelope of cash, and all I did was answer some question about being pregnant and diabetic. No harm.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 1:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh man, I'm too scared to do anything like that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I haven't done that, and don't know anyone who has. I woudl definitely do a lot of research before considering it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010