Is this normal...to have NO sex drive ... adult content

...since before we conceived my DS, and he'll be 3 soon.
I haven't "wanted" it ...almost at all...in years.
It's been REALLY challenging in our marriage and my DH has been going NUTS.
I don't know WHAT it is...and I have many theories...but I wonder how many other people have experienced LOW libido?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I hear ya! I have 4 kids, work full time, get little to no help with homework or housework and sex is like a chore I'm too tired for. Lack of sleep can really hurt one's sex life. Not so unusual I think. You're not alone. Of course, hubby isn't as understanding, and still doesn't help out. Heck, I'm even the breadwinner so I get kinda pissed. You want to be treated like a man then act like a man. I feel like a replacement mother.
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 11:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I presume you are very young, if so, you need to see your ob/gynecologist, most likely, it's just a hormonal imbalance and can be corrected fairly easily with estrogen … :o)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm with AgentWanda... check with your MD about your hormone levels. Birth control pills/shots/anything with hormones can effect this too. It's nothing to beat yourself up over, which as women, we tend to do, but definitely get it checked out. If all hormones are ok, then it's also totally normal for Life (kids, house, responsibilities) to have an effect. But definitely speak very honestly and open with your doctor, she's heard it all before and she likely has suggestions, and not the "light some candles, wear something slinky" kind of BS they dump on women. And know you're not doing anything wrong. Good luck, sending you lots of hugs!
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 12:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes! Women go thru the same as a man. Check with your Doctor they have stuff to help with woman that need help. I have been going thru this and I read and article about women that do not crave sex any more and it really helped. I will try to find the article and let you know where I found it at. Talk to your Doctor like I said it will help.
    nanny191

Answer by nanny191 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's just as likely that your problem is related to a vitamin and mineral deficiency as a hormonal imbalance. More than 70% of post-childbirth women in this country experience deficiencies in iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins and omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, and all of these are key to a healthy nervous system, sex drive and sexual response. Food sources are better, as they are 80% more bioavailable. Dark green leafy vegetables, sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, dried fruit, oily fish such as tuna and salmon, nuts, seeds, legumes, whole grains, strawberries, mangoes, all are good sources. Cutting down caffiene may help, because it destroys some B vitamins and is also a vasoconstrictor, which means it constricts blood flow. Regular exercise will also help regulate serotonin, acetylcholine (neurotransmitters) and relieve stress, which helps with hormone balance. PM me if you want further information.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010