Is it true that a person that has issues with acne/blemishes should change their pillow cases often

a young woman I know has a tendency to break out with bad acne, she said if if she goes to long without changing her pillow cases she will break out really bad. but if she changes them often then it really helps keeping the breakouts at bay.

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 11:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I can't see where that would be a bad idea if you think about it. Lying on a pillow, your dead skin cells and oil probably accumulate if you do leave your pillow cases on too long.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You lay your face on it and hair possibly hands, so there is oil from your face and hair, dirt, makeup. Makes sense to me.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You should wash your pillow & case & blankets at least once per week. Oil & dirt can build up on them & cause breakouts.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Right now I have 3 big zits only on the left side of my face, nothing on my right. I sleep with the left side of my face on my pillow. I can only asusme it has to be from that, or it's at least making it worse, so I make sure I change my pillowcases at least once a week.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• MY hair stink it gets dry washing it every other day but oily if i dont so i change my pillow alot i cant stand my pillow being dirty i noticed when i dont change it i break out more. I already have oily skin i dont need a dirty pillow to help my breakouts lol
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• it makes sense.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sure, if that person just wants to tolerate the acne problem. If they want to get rid of the issue, then changing their diet would be the first positive step, followed my more water, an egg face wash (let it dry), and eleminating hair sprays/jel application around the face. Just a few pointers.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Hummmm unless the pillow is dirty for not changing it often... otherwise don't see the relation with acne... maybe she is allergic to the laundry soap?
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2010