TRYING TO HAVE A GIRL N I HAVE PCOS ANY IDEAS????

me0709

Asked by me0709 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you ovulate? I have PCOS but that was the main cause of me having issues conceiving was the ovulation. Try the ovulation test kits to see first. I honestly had to go through fertility treatments to get preggy. (I had the IUI and Clomid combo, first cycle). It isn't cheap but sometimes the only avenue we with PCOS have.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well according to the ovulation kit I didnt... I did tested for a week and never got a surge. I did clomid and still nothing....
    me0709

Comment by me0709 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I've heard the IUI works really well I would talk to your OB about it. Good Luck!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 11:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have PCOS and we had so many issues getting pregnant. For us, it took 9 rounds. They would have to put me on birth control pills for 2 weeks, then stop me. I would get a period, and then take the clomid. I also never got a surge on the OPK's, so they would have me come in every other day and do an ultrasound to see how things were working. Once the ultrasounds showed them what they wanted to see, they would give me a trigger shot, and then 2 days later they would do an IUI. It FINALLY worked. As for trying to have a girl, I wanted a little girl too, and EVERYONE swore it was a girl. But when I went in and they were able to tell me at 16 weeks that Caitlyn had turned to Carson, I was still just as happy and thrilled. I'm now 24 weeks along and totally in love with my baby boy. After trying so long and hard, it doesn't matter what it is, you will love it unconditionally either way. Hope this helps.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 11:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thanks I will love the baby either way.... did your insurance cover the IUI and the ultrasounds
    me0709

Comment by me0709 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010