What is this all about, lol.

My baby started moving a few weeks ago. Everytime I asked for my husband to feel the baby, the baby completely stops moving or moves away...Why?! I feel kind of bad, he's never had the honour of feeling the kicks.

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My ds did the same thing! He would just freeze when anyone put their hand on my belly! My dh finally started sleeping with his hand on my belly and he finally felt him several times, but he's the only one! It was really sad, because my mom and sister didn't get to feel him move at all.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• lol, It use to happened to me too! At some point I gave up to even mention it, It looked like i was making it up... But you just wait a little! I'm 32 weeks and my lil boy kicks so hard and so much that everythime my husband is laying next to me he goes "wow,That's gotta hurt!"
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• same here i was like HES MOVING.. so he would feel my belly and nothing... babies are funny like that.. i think they just know someone is touching them
    Anonymous

• ahah, that happens to me too!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It wont be long and he will be able to watch the baby move! In the beginning it is hard for anyone but you to feel it anyways!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• it has happened to me as well. I always figured it was the temperature of his hands. Either they were extra cold or extra warm. Or maybe even the weight and size. I think the baby can detect the difference and know it's not their mommy's :)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Happened to us as well. But they are right pretty soon you will look like something from alien because you will be able to see the baby move not just feel it. But if you really want him to feel it. Try having your DH lay his hand on your stomach and drink some very cold water. They say that can get the baby moving. They made me do that at the Dr. office when they would monitor the baby's heartbeat and movement.
    merechele

Answer by merechele at 7:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• happened to me too. I'd have him barely put his hand on my belly so the baby couldn't know and he'd feel her
    Anonymous