What's your best home remedies? (take two)

I love learning new remedies especially for colds!!!
let me know some good ones.

MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Asked by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 12:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Corn Starch for diaper rash, fat rash, any kind of rash. My mom had bed sores, that they tried everything in the hospital to heal, I brought in corn starch and she was healed the next day! I put a pan of water on the stove with some Vick's vapor rub in it, and put the baby as close as I can and still be safe, the hot steam with the menthol/eucalyptus in it will open them right up! I guess they have vaporizers now that you can put vick's into also. (I did learn the hard way not to use it on the baby's chest!) Also for adults who have colds, there is nothing like a hot toddy, with lemon and honey in it! If it doesn't doesn't clear you out, you don't care! LOL
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Tomato Tea For Sinus Troubles

Add 1 cup tomato juice,
    1 tsp chopped fresh garlic,
    1/2 tsp of hot sauce,
    1 tsp lemon juice,
    and a pinch or two of celery salt for flavor. Heat ingredients and drink hot.
    All these ingredients not only work on the immediate symptoms, but add plenty of vitamin C to fight a cold, and garlic to fight infection."
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i give lemon and honey mixed in hot water for colds. i let it cool off to just warm enough not to burn. also use olive oil. rub it on to the body after having warmed it up some to relieve coughs. i also use vicks rub .

i believe in the first sign of of sore throat/cold.. pop vitamin c with zinc tablet. once or twice a day for 2-3 days.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• for heal spurs... i use Omega 3. :) i take 1000mg 3 times a day for a month and feel the pain dissipate it may go away for a very long time.

for lowering cholesterol i use omega 3 (three times a day) with 1 daily odorless garlic pill.

.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• for infant constipation. i use orange juice. if its a very young infant 2 ounces of water to 1 ounce of oj several times a day. guaranteed the kid will POOP that very day if not 20 minutes later. LOL
    also give a tsp or less of olive oil (for constipation)
    and to help with removing mucous/phelgm from nose.. one drop of olive oil in each nostril should help.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• For teething instead of bad tasting gels and/or if you child doesn't like the teething rings, take a wet wash cloth and put in the freezer for about 20-30 mins and let them stuck on the cloth. Cheap and easy
    MommaHartley73

Answer by MommaHartley73 at 4:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Rub Vicks Vapo Rub on the bottom of your feet to stop coughing..it works!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010