Isn't it wrong not to tell?

A friend of mine is pretty serious with her boyfriend. The 2 of them have even talked about marriage. However, she is dead set against ever having kids. She almost wants to go as far as getting her tubes tied at 23! Anyways, I've asked her if she's told her boyfriend that she never wants to have children. She said no and she's not going to tell him until the time comes where they start thinking about that. I just think that something that huge should be disclosed before you get soo involved with someone that you might marry. That is most likely a deal breaker for a lot of people. And no she is not going to change her mind. She hates kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like she needs to grow up, I'm glad she isn't having any kids. How utterly selfish, she needs to be up front with him, it's not fair to him, and a giant waste of everybody's time, if it turns out that he has his heart set on being a daddy! Where does her hate of kids come from? How can you hate a kid?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Wow...I am a big believer of discussing all that even before you get very far in the relationship before engagement.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• oh god, have they never talked about this already??? that would def be a deal breaker for me. its nice to get married, but why bother if you can't have lil mini me's running around. she should really talk to him and see what they both expect of each other in their realationship
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 12:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Is it wrong of her not to tell him? Or is it wrong for YOU not to tell him? It is DEFINITELY wrong for her not to tell him, unless of course, she knows for a fact that he does not want children either. It would be wrong if you told him....it's between those two.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree that she should tell him before they get engaged. That's pretty important....especially, if she knows that he wants kids.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Why has the finance not brought up the question? I think maybe you should put the bug in his ear so to speak, but not be the one to shed the light on the subject.
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 12:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I feel every one that is in a relationship should always be open and honest with their parners. As for you telling him think about the consequences. Live it between them. You might rind up loseing in the long run.
    nanny191

Answer by nanny191 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Send him a anonymis tip....She must be a real B@#%^.....thats just dead wrong! He probably assumes she wants kids but later just cause shes a woman. But even if he doesnt bring it up its her responsibilty to tell him.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Wow that is very deceiving of her not to tell him, usually women are the ones to bring up the whole having kids thing so it doesn't surprise me that he hasn't brought it up-I think most men just assume that women want to have children eventually. She definitely needs to tell him that is completely unfair of her to trap him in a marriage and then dump the news on her. But as far as you actually telling him-that is not your place and if you do you better be prepared to lose a friend over it.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Its definitely something she should tell him, especially if they are considering marraige.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2010