Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

legal advice for bipolor child who moved in with birth father and won't give her medication to her

my daughter has bipolor and adhd we have had lots of problems with my daughter so I contacted her birth father she had gone for two visits and then she had cussed me out and moved in with him. he is not giving her meds and he took them just to see how it felt. what to do I'm worried so much about her what can I do?

Answer Question

Asked by kasmom33 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • call cps, get a lawyer, get a signed note from her doctor saying she needs them, as for her "dad" taking them, that right there can land you in jail depending on what schedule they are.

    Answer by chyna_doll at 10:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • not you, lol him in jail.

    Answer by chyna_doll at 10:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • Calling CPS is virtually a waste of time. It will takes days to weeks to get them there if ever. Any birth parent can call the police in the area he is in and xplain that he has not been med compliant in the past and to please have an officer do a well child check. They will do this. Xplain to the cops that specifically you are checking to make sure that your daughter has been taking her required medication for emotional and mental illnesses.

    Answer by Babylove76 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • He's an idiot of he took the meds himself. what was he thinking? They won't affect him the same way they will her if he doesn't have what she has. That's also misusing prescription drugs...which is illegal I might add. Talk to her doctor about it. See what the doctor says and get his/her advice on how to handle it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

  • call family youth services and report it as her mother or anonymously. they will check your story out and follow up.

    Answer by manna1qd at 4:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.