Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Can you use your food stamps in another state?

For example if you received them in PA can you use them in Ohio when visiting family?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • Yes. I know you can. I used from Missouri when we went to visit in Illinois. Also when I went on the greyhound to see my mother when she was dying in Nevada I used my card along the way for food for myself & my daughter.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • ...well I guess if the above person had no issues..but states are probably different. Pennsylvania is an extremely strict state with welfare, food stamps, and section 8 from what I hear. I know my brother could not use the Access card for his sick son when they were visiting me here in GA. If anything should work out of state, it's medical coverage, not food stamps.

    Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • I have a feeling that varies from state to state.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • I live in MA and use them in NH all the time. (I live on the border and the store in NH is closer for me)

    Answer by Shell89 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • Last I checked here in Utah you can't. But things change.

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.