Do you get along with the in-laws?

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep. It's challenging at times with my father in law. He's 74 and he is diagnosed with Dimensia so he repeats his concerns often or forgets not to do something like dumping gallons of ammonia in the sinks around the house. His Mom lives a couple hours away but so far, it's good. No complaints, only that my husband and his mom didn't get along as a kid. So he finds it difficult to be around her sometimes but they seem to be patching up slowly from my observations. In general though, I never thought I'd get along as I have with my in-laws.
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I try my best :) It is hard sometimes, especially when my MIL gets noisy and talks about having more babies.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• YUP - they are deceased. It's MY parents I don't get along with!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I adore my future IL's! They are amazing people, I am so lucky. They have the kind of marriage that DF & I strive for. They are an inspiration.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• YEP......

I got rid of mine....
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes, i get along with them! Although they got divorced very recently, because my MIL said she wanted one and wasn't going to be happy til she got one. She was a b***h to him 98% of the time. But she is blaming everything on my FIL. Saying it's all his fault and he was reallly mean and critical to her, when of course it's her fault and anyone has was around them during that time knows she's full of s***! So right now i'm upset with my MIL but i still get along with her.
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 10:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010